Feeling tired despite getting a good night’s sleep can be a sign of adrenal fatigue; a syndrome caused by insufficient functioning of the adrenal glands, often resulting from chronic stress. Luckily, there are plenty of nutritious foods that can support the adrenals, giving you the boost you need to regain your energy and reclaim a happier, healthier lifestyle. Try adding the following items into your diet to help heal your adrenal fatigue naturally.
1) Grass-fed, organ meats: While reducing your meat intake can benefit both you and the environment, retaining one dish of organ meat per week can improve your health dramatically. Liver, in particular, is known to be an excellent source of nutritional value, packed full of essential B vitamins, healthy fats and cholesterol.
2) Avocados: Those suffering from adrenal fatigue should try to get more healthy fats into their diet to balance hormones and regulate blood sugar levels. Avocados are one of the best options in this respect, as they are loaded with fat, yet their copious calories are unlikely to cause weight gain.
3) Greens and non-starchy vegetables: The benefits of including a variety of veggies into your daily meal plan stretch much further than improving your adrenal function. Leafy greens, such as spinach and kale, together with asparagus and celery, can work to reduce inflammation and nourish the glands with a revitalizing mix of vitamins and minerals.
4) Fish: An obvious choice for a healthy lifestyle, fatty fish rich in omega-3 is another valuable weapon for defeating inflammation. Wild caught fish, including salmon, herring and sardines, should top the shopping list for healing both body and mind.
5) Coconut Oil: Cooking with coconut oil, adding it to a smoothie or merely spooning it out of the tub restores balance, reduces inflammation and provides plenty of good fat that tastes delicious.
While you lavish your plate with the above products, it’s also essential to avoid any added sugars, cut out white flour and reduce your caffeine and alcohol intake to the bare minimum.